Xerox Inf Mgmt Consultant in United States
Xerox is the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its services, technology, and expertise enable workplaces - from small businesses to large global enterprises - to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox serves clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit www.xerox.com, www.news.xerox.com, www.realbusiness.com or www.xerox.com/businessservices.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Responsible for providing leadership and technical expertise for the company's telecommunications technology infrastructure team. Ensure the performance and reliability of all services and exceed the needs of our businesses and clients. Implement processes and technologies to ensure highly available telecom resources are available to users.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and KeyAccountabilities
· Designs, configures, installs, upgrades, maintains and evaluates all telecommunication systems.
· Provides level 3 engineering support and consults with customers on telecommunication systems.
· Researches and identifies telecommunications opportunities that impact business strategy and resource planning. Conducts extensive evaluations of vendor solutions and prepares summaries for management.
· Configures and maintains routers, switches, and servers for the telecommunications network.
· Ensures service level agreements (SLAs) are met and continue to meet the needs of customers. Provides subject matter expertise support and resolution for customer issues.
· Determines the production capacity needed to meet changing business demands. Ensures capacity planning deliverables are performed to specifications.
· Available for disaster recovery and on call support at all times.
· Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
· Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
· May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employee’s professional development but does not have hiring or firing.
· 5-7 years’ experience with emerging technologies to include hardware, software, and telecom services concepts and trends.
· Must have strong working knowledge of Cisco Communications Manager (CUCM) solution including Unity Connection.
· Strong knowledge of Avaya Aura, System Manager, AES, and Virtual Infrastructure.
· Strong knowledge of SBC’s preferably Oracle ACME packet and Cisco Cube.
· Working knowledge and understanding of SIP Trunking technology preferred.
· Working knowledge of Cisco UCCX preferred but not a must.
· Working knowledge of Asterisk Voicemail and Conferencing.
· Must be willing to work after hours and weekends/holidays if a task requires work to be done off business hours. This is not normal state but it does happen sometimes.
All other duties as assigned.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Job: Service Delivery Client Network Services
Title: Inf Mgmt Consultant
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 16018567
Virtual/work from home? Yes