Xerox Video Conferencing Service Delivery Manager in Rochester, New York
Responsible for strategy development and implementation of service delivery resources and oversight for the Video Conferencing services, delivering internal IT infrastructure to business partners. Responsible for IT service delivery governance, working with key suppliers to ensure that services are delivered according to standards. This includes the operational, financial, and security/compliance performance of the services areas.
Involved in the negotiation of related contracts. Sources and manages external partners, engaging with professionals in other related disciplines (e.g. procurement specialists, lawyers) as appropriate.
- Ensures that a catalog of video conferencing services is created and maintained and that service level agreements are complete and cost effective. Ensures that service delivery is monitored effectively and that identified actions to maintain or improve levels of service are implemented. Ensures that operational methods, procedures, facilities and tools are established, reviewed and maintained. Negotiates with relevant parties in respect of disruptions and major amendments to the provision of services. Reviews service delivery to ensure that targets are met and prepares proposals to meet forecast changes in the level or type of service.
- Identifies and manages resources needed for the planning, development and delivery of video conferencing services and products. Influences senior-level customers and project teams through change management initiatives, ensuring that professional standards are maintained. Takes full responsibility for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting. Plans and manages implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of automated systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business, where the measure of success depends on achieving clearly stated business/financial goals and performance targets. Monitors performance and takes corrective action where necessary.
Maintains a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how the organization sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resources. Contributes to the development and management of agreements with suppliers to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets. Is responsible for the liaison between the organization and designated suppliers. Ensures that supplier performance is properly monitored and regularly reviewed. Advises on policy and procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement.
Scope - Job Specific
/ Has defined authority and responsibility for video conferencing and webcasting services, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
/ Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments.
/ Accountable for actions taken and decisions made by self and subordinates.
Influences at level of division internally and influences customer/suppliers and industry at senior management level.
- Decisions impact work of employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance.
Develops relationships with customers, suppliers and industry leaders.
Highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects and contributing to formulation of service strategy.
Has deep understanding of information systems industry and emerging technologies and implications for the wider business environment.
Business Value / Context
Coordinates and supports strategies for service delivery that support the strategic needs of the organization, authorizes allocation of resources for monitoring service delivery arrangements.
- Maintains a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how Company and organization sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resource. Advises on the selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement. Participates in any RFP-RFQ processes.
- Ensures that a Service Catalog of all available services is created and maintained and that the structure of service level agreements is fully defined by the mapping of services to users and business processes. Takes responsibility for command structure and escalation procedures, and ensures that the requisite operational methods, procedures, facilities and tools are established, reviewed and maintained.
- Ensures that the service level requirements of each client/user area are determined, and that service level agreements, agreements and negotiations with both internal and external suppliers are aimed at meeting the business needs of Company and organization, by providing a value for money service, in terms of standards, quality of service, efficiency, safety, availability, performance and cost effectiveness.
Assures that the service complies with the relevant governmental, legal, and Company policies.
Ensures that the necessary arrangements are in place to meet appropriate RISK requirements (Safe Harbor/Privacy, SOX, etc…). On the basis of both experience and foresight, sets up and maintains a risk management program.
- Works with clients or users to establish qualitative assessment of the service provision, from the client/user perspective, and initiates actions for improvement, where appropriate. Reviews service level agreements, investigates all appropriate means to improve service levels, and recommends new or revised policies or procedures. Implements specific proposals, balancing overall usage requirements with current and planned services, and prepares investment proposals to meet changes in demand.
- In liaison with disaster recovery/business resumption, ensures that the necessary processes and procedures are in place to maintain or recover the delivery of services in the event of any physical, technical or environmental disaster or major outage, providing continuity of service to the Company.
- Ensures that quantitative and qualitative data is collected and analyzed to monitor the suppliers’ performance against agreed service levels, publishes the results, and initiates actions based on results. In liaison with Sourcing Relationship Managers, ensures proper monitoring of the agreements and recommends actions, including the enforcement of any penalty clauses, to bring agreements back into line or to terminate them. Ensures service levels are meeting stakeholder requirements.
Takes full responsibility for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting for the work of the function, within agreed policies and governance structures. Establishes and operates systems to monitor progress, take corrective action and produce reports as required by senior management.
Advises and influences business clients, at management level, regarding the delivery, costs, availability and functionality of services and systems. Develops an effective partnership with suppliers and business clients, establishing confidence and respect. Represents organization at a high level, both externally and internally, formally and informally, both for the functions represented and as an individual.
- Initiates and implements procedures for resolution of conflict or contention for service, setting clear priorities such that both foreseeable incidents and unforeseen conflicts are resolved in a professional and responsible manner.
- Obtains and manages budgets for the execution of third party agreements, taking responsibility for promoting and deploying the products and/or services within the Company. Ensures invoices from suppliers are checked to establish whether they are valid, and authorizes payment.
- Responsible for the liaison between the customer and the supplier organizations, owning the service delivery relationship on behalf of organization, and enabling all communications to take place effectively and efficiently. Defines the escalation process/procedure for any issues or problems raised by the suppliers, or users, and is responsible for arbitration in situations of conflict.
- Ensures that stakeholders are aware of the terms and conditions of agreements, and deal appropriately with suppliers. Facilitates good communications between suppliers and stakeholders.
Builds and maintain relationship (governance meetings, consultancy) and is the group representative in Business Senior Mgmt meetings with VCPs.
5-10 years experience in the related field, required
- LSS Green Belt online training required.
- ITIL V3 - Completion of prescribed foundation eLearning courses is recommended for all positions.
- Risk: Broad and thorough understanding of Risk-Coherences (Safe Harbor, Privacy, PCI, ISRA, SOX, SOD, DR, BCAP, etc…)
- Video Conferencing Services - Management of supplier delivery of video conferencing and webcasting services including such technologies as Tanberg for Video and Accordant coupled with Windows Media for Webcast.
- Typically has a strong relevant technical or business work experience, including previous supervisory experience.
- Developed range of strategic management and leadership skills.
- Has demonstrated extensive relevant technical or business work experience.
- Has broad commercial and technical expertise, often in a variety of environments.
- Demonstrates the leadership skills needed to handle innovation and change resulting from the implementation of new information and communications technology solutions.
- Possesses a high level of management skills, with particular emphasis on interpersonal and negotiating skills and the ability to motivate staff.
- Is familiar with the requirements of the organization for products and services and with the use of the products and services which are the subjects of the agreements.
- Understands standard contracting procedures within own organization.
- Have sound commercial, organizational, time management, negotiation and resource management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work activities.
- Is skilled in conducting meetings and team management.
- Has a broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts, current and emerging Risk Coherences, and architectures, coupled with practical knowledge of problem management and the principles and processes of implementing and delivering IT services.
- Demonstrated ability for systematically analyzing and managing problems arising from incidents in the operation of information systems. Has general awareness of the nature of business critical incidents, and of their implications for the business.
- Demonstrated ability to become thoroughly familiar with the services and products delivered and the tools, methods, procedures, equipment and software used in the operation and management of the service.
- Has the ability to lead teams successfully, when handling complex or high impact problems.
- Excellent demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills.
Above average proficiency using office productivity applications.
Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree (preferred) Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, Contract Administration, Finance, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
This job description is meant as a guideline for applicants, and employees of Conduent. It is not a definitive or exhaustive description and consequently may not include all tasks or functions related to the position. This document does not create, and is not part of, an employment contract. Please note the position may change to meet the changing requirements of Conduent’s business. Employees may be assigned duties either, in addition to or instead of, those set out in this document and the position is subject to further changes at Conduent's discretion.
Job: IM Service Delivery
Organization: Xerox (XT)
Title: Video Conferencing Service Delivery Manager
Location: New York-Rochester
Requisition ID: 16024505
Virtual/work from home? Yes