Xerox Sr. Infrastructure Architect in Rochester, New York
Xerox is the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its services, technology, and expertise enable workplaces - from small businesses to large global enterprises - to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox serves clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit www.xerox.com, www.news.xerox.com, www.realbusiness.com or www.xerox.com/businessservices.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Job Role Summary • Responsible for the specification of systems architecture and identification of components. Researches, analyzes, designs, proposes, and delivers IT architecture solutions that are optimal for the business and IT strategies. Provides integrated systems analysis and recommends appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. Ensures architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices for existing and planned systems remain compatible within IT infrastructure. • Responsible for providing overall architecture and direction for the hosting and network services area, and ensuring via governance that standards are implemented by service providers. Demonstrated expertise in infrastructure platforms (servers, storage, hypervisors, converged, hyper-converged, Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), and their implementation in support of business needs.
• The role holder is responsible for ensuring the architectural design of an IT system solution that support the architecture strategy, positions for future functional requirements, standards and roadmaps, meets the short term business functional requirements, and fits with the current architecture.
• Ensures that a catalog of hosting and network services is created in partnership with the service delivery team.
• Ensures that business solutions have an enterprise and strategic perspective and support EA strategies. • Promotes high level enterprise architecture strategy. • The role holder ensures that common architecture decisions are implemented consistently across business and IT in order to support the business and IT strategy. They will also research, analyze, design, propose, and deliver IT architecture solutions that are optimal for the business and IT strategies in one or more domains. • Works with the lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design and document a technical structure based on the existing standards and processes and meets the strategic needs of the business and integrates with other business and IT Processes. • The role holder provides integrated systems analysis and recommends to other Architects, appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. This may include coordinating activities of the project team and assisting in the monitoring of project schedules and costs. • This role also leads the effort to support, resolve and document issues that arise in the architecture. This may also include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture. • The role holder is responsible for analyzing and incorporating where appropriate industry trends, and being familiar with enterprise standards, methodology and in the platform(s) being utilized (Oracle, SAP). The role will also have familiarity with the enterprise infrastructure and applications, and will specialize in a particular domain. • Domains: • The role holder should have an understanding of all the architectural domains that follow, and have an in depth knowledge of the Technical/Infrastructure Domain.
• Technical/Infrastructure: Plan and improve infrastructure architecture; Establish technology standards and manage adherence and ensure leveragability across the enterprise; Bridge between Technology Domain Architects and Solution Architects • Application: Manage the evolution of the application portfolio; Establish strategic direction for application selection and development approaches; Establish application design guidelines and patterns • Data: Promote understanding of how data is created and used in the enterprise; Promote sharing /adoption; Establish data management strategies and standards; expertise in one or more key data areas (Product, Customer)
Scope - Job Specific • Autonomy: • Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. • Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. • Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates. • Influence: • Influences policy formation on contribution of specialization to business objectives. • Influences at level business unit or major business process internally and influences customer/suppliers and industry at senior management level. • Decisions impact work XIM, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance. • Develops high-level relationships with business partners, suppliers and industry leaders. • Complexity: • Highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects and contributing to formulation of IS strategy. • Work involves creative application of wide range of technical and/or management principles.
Level Guide Statements - General: • Recognized as an expert in own function • Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices • Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives • Domestic and international scope/accountability
Main Responsibilities: • Specifies and designs large or complex systems (e.g. involving significant team size and interaction, integration with multiple systems, covers multiple business processes or geographic regions). Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively. • Reviews others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology. • Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options. Ensures that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements. • Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products. • Within a business change program, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly. • Understand and advocate the Enterprise Architecture and information technology strategies. • Sets standards, strategies and procedures across the development lifecycle in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them. • Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures. • In own areas of expertise provide advice and guidance influencing the effectiveness of the organization’s business processes. • Ensures that business solutions have an enterprise and strategic perspective, support the Integrated Solution Architecture and support EA strategies. • Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialisms and provides expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist technical consultancy. The specialism can be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, and product or application area.
Education Requirements: Min/Preferred Education Level Additional Details Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Preferred Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Candidate Background: Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Min/Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Minimum Typically has extensive years of experience in multiple IT areas and relevant architecture experience. Requires advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications, infrastructure, systems design and integration. Minimum Have a comprehensive knowledge of at least one specific technology area and a broad understanding across a wide field along with a record of applying such knowledge successfully in a variety of situations. Minimum Is familiar with the principles and practices involved in development and maintenance of software solutions and architectures and in service delivery. Minimum Has thorough knowledge of the system components and interfaces being designed or integrated, testing procedures, configuration issues and challenges. Minimum Has strong technical background and remains evergreen with technology and industry developments. Minimum Have broad business knowledge and an understanding of current and emerging information and communications technologies and of how they can support and enhance the functions of the business. Minimum Possesses a general understanding of the systems and applications that enable business processes. Minimum Demonstrates a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality. Minimum Demonstrates high standards of professional behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff. Minimum Demonstrates the ability to take significant responsibility and shows skill in the management of change and can handle contacts of all types and at all levels. Minimum Is able to make sound and far reaching decisions alone on major issues and to take full responsibility for them on a technical or managerial basis. Minimum Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication. Minimum Has a good working knowledge of the employing organization’s policies, management structure and business objectives, and of the existing IS portfolio and IT infrastructure.
Additional Role Requirements:
• ITIL V3 - Completion of prescribed foundation eLearning courses is required for all positions.
• Risk: Broad and thorough understanding of Risk-Coherences (Safe Harbor, Privacy, PCI, ISRA, SOX, SOD, DR, BCAP, etc…)
• Network Services - Management of supplier delivery of: Wired and Wireless Networks, LANs / WANs / VPNs, Switches / Routers / Load Balancers / Firewalls, Security, Capacity and Performance Management , Voice.
• Processing Services – Management of supplier delivery of: Data Center Facilities Operations, Data Center Networking, Operating Systems, Storage Technologies, Virtualization Concepts and Implementations including Cloud, Service Continuity.
This job description is meant as a guideline for applicants, and employees of Xerox. It is not a definitive or exhaustive description and consequently may not include all tasks or functions related to the position. This document does not create, and is not part of, an employment contract. Please note the position may change to meet the changing requirements of Xerox’s business. Employees may be assigned duties either, in addition to or instead of, those set out in this document and the position is subject to further changes at Xerox's discretion.
May perform one or more of the following: Analyzes business processes and performs needs assessments in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
Interprets business needs and translates them into system requirements.
Writes business specifications and forwards to technical staff for system development.
Interprets systems specifications to develop, maintain and support automated business processes.
Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
Configures system settings and options, plans and executes acceptance testing, and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
All other duties as assigned.
Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
At this level, post-graduate coursework may be desirable.NOTE: Professional Individual Contributor jobs generally require a university degree or its equivalent in education and experience.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Job: IM Architecture
Organization: Xerox (XT)
Title: Sr. Infrastructure Architect
Location: New York-Rochester
Requisition ID: 16023282
Virtual/work from home? Yes